May Monthly Meeting, Business Before Hours (BBH)
Workforce Snohomish County
"Finding Employees: Myths and Strategies"
Presented by, Ty Reed, Business Engagement Project Manager
In this presentation, get ready to learn about:
- The real reasons why you can't find workers (hint: it's complicated)
- The top 3 myths about worker shortages
- The untapped talent pools you may be overlooking
- Community-based organizations to connect with to find future employees
- No cost programs to help businesses find workers
Ty Reed is with Workforce Snohomish, a nonprofit organization that helps businesses attract, retain, and upskill employees. In addition, he runs his own nonprofit dedicated to helping people in recovery find and keep work. Ty holds an MBA from the UW, a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) designation, and is a Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP). Ty has been a featured speaker for many organizations, including Amazon, Comcast, The University of WA, and the Greater Seattle YMCA.